Silver jewellery remains ever-popular, thanks to its mirror shine and how it can be worn alongside white gold, as for most people, there is no discernible difference between the two metals.
At Lorimat Jewellers in Kilkenny, we have a large collection of beautiful silver jewellery, suitable for all tastes, budgets, and occasions. We are always pleased to welcome you to our shop on 24 Patrick Street to browse through our wide range, and to offer advice on making the best choice – whether you’re buying for yourself, or as a special gift for somebody else.
Unlike white gold though, silver jewellery needs special care, and people are often unsure of the best way to look after it in preventing tarnishing or dealing with it when it occurs.
We are always happy to advise on correct care of silver jewellery, and to do so, we offer you this handy guide on important points to remember:
- Your silver jewellery should be the last thing you put on when getting dressed, and the first thing to remove when getting undressed.
- Wearing your silver jewellery can help to prevent tarnishing, but make sure to remove it before applying cosmetics, body lotions, etc., and before using household cleaning products.
- Tarnishing is caused when your silver jewellery comes into contact with certain elements and chemicals. Use a specialist, non-abrasive, silver cloth to polish it and restore its beautiful shine. At Lorimat, we stock specialist cloths for cleaning silver, including the one pictured here (which retails for €7.50).
- Each piece should be stored individually in a soft cloth or bag, and in a cool, dry place.
- If your silver has become extremely tarnished, it is best to consider having it professionally cleaned. Just call to us at 24 Patrick Street in Kilkenny for professional and no-obligation advice on the best way to clean your silver jewellery if tarnishing has become a real problem.
Remember, for all your silver jewellery needs – whether shopping for a new piece, or seeking advice on caring for a piece you already own – just call to see at Lorimat Jewellers on 24 Patrick Street in Kilkenny.